Meekan Scheduling Assistant is a Slack-based bot that matches calendars among users and finds common meetings times. It works with a variety of calendars including Google, iCloud and Office 365. Microsoft Outlook/Exchange connectivity is coming soon.
How it Works
Meekan Scheduling Assistant is available through Slack. Just add it to your profile and start scheduling. Once installed, it makes scheduling a breeze:
- Request a new meeting; you can set it for only your calendar or invite as many people as you like
- The bot instantly searches all the calendars for common free times
- You get a short list of the best times to meet; pick one or ask participants to vote on the best choice
Meekan is cool because it is so smart. The interactions seem natural and human, such as “Lunch next week with Same and Jane.” You Don’t have to share your entire calendar either, the bot just shows the best, most relevant times in the results.
Meekan can also help improve scheduling in other ways:
- Group meetings (or allow for long breaks)
- Minimize commutes
- Create personal time in your calendar
- Limit the number of meetings per day
- Limit the number of people per meeting